Kiahou Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Its A Free Life. Why Not Make The Best Of It?

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Class? ...Maybe Later

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jack S.
Class 3 Student
Jack S.

Class? ...Maybe Later Empty
PostSubject: Class? ...Maybe Later   Class? ...Maybe Later I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 4:19 pm

It was the first day of arrival for this young man named Jack, and tickled pink already was his fancy with the notion to slack. And so instead of dutifully marching forth and attending his class, he deigned he would venture forth into the park where he would most likely spend much of the day on his ass. Within a tree is where he sat, his black hood pulled up in the stead of a hat. This is entirely boring were the thoughts crossing his mind, as low his head hangs; shadows cast over his face by both hood and wild, spiky brown bangs. Yet even within this dark, the light of a bright blue eye, like fire, did spark.

Casually did this eye scan his surrounding and with a pang of envy did he see fellow students making the most of their time, laughter and enjoyment abounding. Slumping back against the tree's trunk he fervently began wishing we was drunk, while swaying back and forth his feet that dangled, looking up to the sky and eagerly awaiting for darkness to ensue yet for it to be lit and star-spangled.

Finally boredom pervaded, and he decided it may perhaps be time to attend the Class he had briefly evaded. Sighing, and wryly smiling, he adjusted and pulled down his sleeves, before he pushed off the branch and landed softly on his feet, no longer shrouded by foliage and leaves.

Perhaps he should head to the Dorm? Dressed in naught but a black hoody/shirt and baggy blue jeans, he was surely not in uniform. Slowly toward the building did his feet begin to tread, the prospect of reprimand crawling up the back of his neck with tingly dread.
Back to top Go down
Xia
Class 9 Student
Xia

PostSubject: Re: Class? ...Maybe Later   Class? ...Maybe Later I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 4:36 pm

It was so tempting and yet so high. Damn him for being so tall....was male right? So hard to tell sometimes. Back and forth it swung, back and forth, just taunting her. If only if only, oh if only she could reach it! Swish swish, behind her, just like him, as though his hood was but a tail behind his head. Strange thought, but oh how she wished she could reach it. Finally the taunting was too much, and with a war cry she jumped onto his legs, digging her claws in, and just as quickly retracted to run away back to her mistress.

Xia was sitting behind a tree, legs stretched out and with a book left open on them. Yes, she'd been reading the book she'd received from that obnoxious man, but the just right temperature and luring sound of scritch-scratching leaves led her into the drowsy state of light sleep. Shapes danced behind her eyelids while an amusing sound was heard not far and she was roused by it. So Macha had likely just attacked someone for reasons unknown to her. As her eyes drifted open she saw with the uncovered right the cat sitting now innocently on her lap, forelegs resting on the open pages. Both eyes blue, but one was covered by the black eye patch that donned a golden cross on it. Today her locks were left free rather than going through the hassle of pinning them up, and so the black transitioned into the pale pink in a wave rather than in spikes. Today's dressing was simpler than the other days, a white short-sleeved T-shirt with a black, soft leather vest over it, and shorts with white and black striped tights underneath.

Poking her head she tried to figure out which individual it was her cat had deemed worthy to stalk, and why, and figured it out instantly. That hood the boy not far was wearing had likely been her lure of choice.
Back to top Go down
Jack S.
Class 3 Student
Jack S.

PostSubject: Re: Class? ...Maybe Later   Class? ...Maybe Later I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 5:13 pm

Drifted off had the young teen into thought, and for that which had marked him as prey all the time needed had been bought. Out of the blue something small yet sharp had sunk into his leg and pierced the skin, before taking flight swiftly and returning to it's rightful place; but eyes that did not belong to him followed it's movements with a dark gleam as sinister as Sin.

A silent communication was made, and after whirling about on his heel and making the pace with haste, he came within ten feet of the girl and a greeting was bade. "Good evening, Madam." He said cheerfully as he approached, despite that it was barely into the afternoon, nightfall was coming at a time that was no time soon. Jack's expression was kind and well-meant, but as most of his face was hidden the grin he wore looked only twisted and bent. He noted the cat perched with legs atop the book, but gave the cat no more than a quick glance and a brief look.

While Jack himself stood to the woman view in front, something dark was creeping closer from the left, wondering of what to do to the feline runt. Slowly and purposefully it continued slinking, and heinous deeds were all it was thinking.

While Jack continued acting as if nothing were out of the norm, this dark thing began to change it's form; growing into an overly large sort of canine, but far more foul and wicked in appearance. Yes, thought Ripper, This should be fine.

And so this pitch black wolf-beast let forth a growl, one that made even a few hairs on Jack's neck prickle, bearing it's fangs in a grin most foul. However, before things could get out of hand, Jack felt it better to leave it at that, once more loathing the possibility of retribution or reprimand.

Suddenly the beast vanished and was gone, now stood only Jack; continuing to look as if he could do no wrong.
Back to top Go down
Xia
Class 9 Student
Xia

PostSubject: Re: Class? ...Maybe Later   Class? ...Maybe Later I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 4:16 pm

Neither appeared much perturbed by the strange, shadow formed dog. The cat stood still, looking as though it comfortably knew no harm would come to it for whatever reasons it decided in its security. Besides there would surely be hell to pay if the one she'd attacked allowed his familiar to actually attack her. A lovely ego for someone so small and otherwise defenseless, but was secure in the knowledge nothing of the sort had happened so far.

The girl, on the other hand, appeared more interested than disturbed, the growl eliciting the delicious prickling of the scalp as she watched him melt away again. Strange things interested her more than scared her, plenty of nightmares already formed in younger days from more bizarre things that most would only stare at her for. The one before her's appearance of innocence did create within her, her own doubts as to such. People were hardly ever such, and distrust was easy to have in such a race anyhow. Not even the other day she'd had to question someone's motives, though at least she'd gained a new spell from them.

"Why 'ello there," she greeted with ease, smiling up at the new face, "I am sorry about my cat's attack. She has a bit of a will of her own." Looking down at the feline who tried to ooze the purest of innocence, Xia pinched one of her ears until the cat looked solemn and squeaked in minor pain. "I try to watch her, but was distracted by a book someone told me to read and absorb so I'm afraid she toddled off for a moment."
Back to top Go down
Jack S.
Class 3 Student
Jack S.

PostSubject: Re: Class? ...Maybe Later   Class? ...Maybe Later I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 5:37 pm

Vehement was Ripper's annoyance at the pair's lack of anything near the semblance of fear, however for Jack it was clear that away from the girl his vision could and would not veer. Just not long ago if one were to ask him his impression of her the response would have been "Plain and boring", however she now appeared incredibly attractive and cute, his interest and her appeal soaring; not to mention the fact that she spent her free time with a book hinted she may be an intellectual to boot.

Ripper sulked at his lack of Luck, the teen became suddenly aware of his not so-subtle-stare of being puppy-lovestruck. Quickly did he make his face placid, and the entity dwelling within his shadow spat his thoughts through the boy's mind with a tone of acid. Even though Ripper found her to be some sort of atrocity, she had peaked Jack's curiosity, and so the rant went unheeded much to the Shadow's animosity.

You see, the pair worked well in the art of Fear, and making others cringe often lifted them to a mood of cheer. So for what reasons it was that made this girl appear more interested in a beast that appeared interested in her flesh on which to feast, intrigued Jack much more than not in the least.

"What is your name?" He asked as he dropped into a crouch, suddenly he was probably too close by far only a foot or two away, leaning closer yet on his palms with his shoulders risen from their slouch. Perfectly still he sat posed strikingly similar to a Gargoyle turned to stone by the light of day. He didn't respond to her greeting which could come off as quite rude, but at the current moment his mind was so occupied naught else could intrude.

Already decided had he that from this moment forth she would be observed, and it would be discovered whether or not she could be perturbed.
Back to top Go down
Xia
Class 9 Student
Xia

PostSubject: Re: Class? ...Maybe Later   Class? ...Maybe Later I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 6:13 pm

"My name, you ask? I'll give you 'Xia' as that is all that's ever really important. Do I get to know yours?" she asked the all too close male. Something about them lately and invading her personal space, but she chose not to flinch away, staying level to stare right back at him. Amusingly enough he appeared to have an eye patch opposite hers...of sorts, if one could call a giant pumpkin on the side of one's head an eye patch.

"And what would you call the one who came out a moment ago? If it has a name," she still had curiosity left over for what appeared and left so quickly, despite the fact the one before her held much amusing appeal. A familiar? Creature of darkness? A beast made from a soul that he'd connected to himself? So many possibilities on what it could be. Such things interested her beyond limits because they were beasts of power capable of aiding the user, and were sometimes preferable to human companions to her.

Absentmindedly she shut the book on her lap and set it away from the young gent, freeing up the spot Macha had been desiring and took immediately. A few movements of turning about and then comfort could be found in the lap of what was to her, luxury. Resting places were hard to find sometimes when people weren't adverse to some minor clawing.
Back to top Go down
Jack S.
Class 3 Student
Jack S.

PostSubject: Re: Class? ...Maybe Later   Class? ...Maybe Later I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 6:54 pm

"Well, since you've given me "Xia", then "Jack" is what I'll return." Verbally handing her the handle he'd been given not all that far back. Uttering the name brought back memories to his chest with a nostalgic burn, and he almost found himself honoring the old man by assessing this young lady's rack. But when he found his train of thought steering toward that track, he held steady his gaze to her eyes; he would much rather avoid receiving a smack.

"Hm... I'm not sure if I should introduce him, too. He seems quite put off with you." And suddenly there was a perfect Replica of the boy crouched like a mirror image behind his back, this Replica indeed looked just like Jack with the exception that everything except his eyes was entirely black. "Ripper is what he likes to go by." Jack said with a smile that was briefly ever-so-sly but for what reasons, why? The answer even to himself was the same as asking why blue is the color of the sky.

"And her?" Jack asked as he gestured to the cat, who seemed every so comfortable and pleased with the spot in which she sat.
Back to top Go down
Xia
Class 9 Student
Xia

PostSubject: Re: Class? ...Maybe Later   Class? ...Maybe Later I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 7:07 pm

"Put off hm...? Can't imagine why," smiling still perhaps it wasn't so surprising. Surely one so scary was used to fright and yet she'd given him interest in return for the show against her cat. "My less than frightening, more obnoxious to some companion goes by 'Macha.'" The calico now curled up gave an answering, momentary putter of a purr, and then ducked her head beneath a paw to shut out all light. Still her white ear was turned up for any intriguing bits of information - whether she could comprehend or not.

The fact this shadow could apparently shape shift at will made it even more of an intrigue. She wanted to blurt out questions such as 'How did you come to possess him?' or 'How is he capable of shape-shifting?' and all sorts of things on his composition and creation. But seeing as this was a first meeting might not be so polite to begin a long questioning session so soon and so suddenly.
Back to top Go down
Jack S.
Class 3 Student
Jack S.

PostSubject: Re: Class? ...Maybe Later   Class? ...Maybe Later I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 3:41 pm

Xia refraining from the questions was more or less fortunate, Jack possessed no suitable answer that would really fit. It was only during his time with the Old Man that he had become aware of Shade; and of the Pact the two had apparently made. Bound they were together, yet in a figurative sense as freely roam could Ripper; he was held by no tether.

Upon the feline his eyes briefly locked, sizing up small-sized creature by which he had been stalked. He wondered if it had any abilities to call it's own, and when "Scratching the hell out of an enemy's legs" was the only one so far known, into a fit of laughter he was nearly thrown. But it was stifled and put under a lid, yet after a second thought chuckle he did. What with the reaction delayed, he pondered if an appearance slight insanity had been relayed; not that it wouldn't fit with how often his mindset swayed.

Wit would suddenly not appear the forte of Jack, of all thought he lost grip, fell off track. So at the girl for what felt a long pause he just stared, but a idea sent him on a trip, and he wondered if he should've dared...

But that was after the dirty deed had been done. I should probably run. Where there had been two identical (somewhat) boys there was now one; the Shadowed version was now a small ball of yarn, one which he hoped Macha would find enticingly fun.

Jack winked at Xia now brimming and grinning with glee, his eye shining brighter than the brightest starlight; now decided it was time to flee and quickly so did take flight. Where? Why up the tree, scurrying up the trunk almost faster than the eye could see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Class? ...Maybe Later   Class? ...Maybe Later I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Class? ...Maybe Later
Page 1 of 1